Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Tuesday, June 15, 2004
WHAT UP? Last day on my project here!!! I'm excited to get out of here and fly up my new project. I've got a question for all you techno dorks:

I'm looking for a home audio system that can take output from a base station and transmit info wirelessly to stations throught the house so other amps (deck/kitchen/bedroom/etc.) thereby acheiving centralized control of home-wide audio. That would be perf.

Does a product like this exist? Obviously transmitting it via FM would suck, but some sort of wireless network all-digital solution would be clutch. Thanks.

I am aware of proprietary products such as this...wondering if there's any way to do this without the purchase of 100% proprietary system:

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/sw1761.asp

Is there any way to do this without dropping laptops all over my house? I have three computers but my number one complaint would be they are loud (fan/hard drive noise) and also I'd still have to run wires all over the place from them to my audio gear.

I've got a bunch of speakers and amps all over the house already that I've dropped major bank on and would prefer to not have to start over...they are just not interconnected. All I need is a base station, wireless tranmission medium, and satellites that can have either line-level or adjustable level outputs. A nice uprade to the satellite stations would be the ability to perform simple actions such as FWD and REV through tracks from the base station.

0 comments:

Post a Comment