Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Saturday, March 25, 2006
A conversation heard in the health food store today between a 4-6 year old kid and his parent:


Kid: Dad, what Tofu-key?
Dad: That's Tofurkey.
Kid: Ok.

Pause

Kid: (pulling on Dad's shorts) What's Tofurkey?
Dad: It's Tofu.
Kid: So why not just call it Tofu?
Dad: Because it taste like turkey.
Kid: So why not call it Turkey?
Dad: Because it's tofu flavored turkey.
Kid: What's that?
Dad: It's tofu that taste like turkey.
Kid: (grimmacing) Who would want to eat that?
Dad: It's for people who say they are vegetarian, but still want to eat turkey.
Kid: Why don't they just eat turkey?
Dad: Because they are vegetarian.
Kid: Does it taste good?
Dad: Yep, it taste like turkey.
Kid: Can we get some?
Dad: No.

As I watched this conversation, I started to wonder if I ever had that conversation with my mother. If I did, it would go something like this:

JB: What this is?
Mom: That's "What is this?"
JB: So why does it say (sounding it out) To-fur-key
Mom: Because that's what it is.
JB: You said it was "What is this."
Mom: No, I was correcting your speech.
JB: Oh. What this is?
Mom: What is it?
JB: Yes
Mom: No, what is it?
JB: That's what I asked.
Mom: No, you asked "What this is?" I said say, What is it?
JB: Ok. What is it?
Mom: (snatching the package out of my hands) None of your business. Now put it down.

When I think about, it explains alot.

1 comments:

  1. Mrs. B said...

    When you think about it, actually, it explains EVERYTHING.

    1:26 PM  

Post a Comment